Read Nylon Angel by Marianne de Pierres Free Online
Book Title: Nylon Angel|
The author of the book: Marianne de Pierres
Date of issue: December 1st 2004
ISBN 13: 9781841492537
Format files: PDF
The size of the: 5.64 MB
City - Country: No data
Loaded: 1720 times
Reader ratings: 6.8
Read full description of the books:
"Book, you have the right to a speedy trial" review
- Finally! A science-fiction cyberpunk novel that I can actually understand - I don't claim to be the smartest person in the world...mainly because there are loads of online posts by me that will immediately prove I'm a liar! But when I reach a point in a novel where I have no idea what the fudge is going on, (in Grant Morrison's case, this usually occurs around page one), I tend to blame the author more than myself. Such was NOT the case this time around! Marianne de Pierres presented many intelligent concepts, but did so in a way that I was always able to comprehend everything that was going on.
- Loads of action - In addition to being able to present technological inventions and trippy experiences in a crystal clear manner, De Pierres is also able to describe action sequences in such a fluid manner, it's just as exciting to read as the Indiana Jones trilogy was to watch! (A fourth Indiana Jones movie?!? Never happened!) The motorcycle escape and the underwater chase scenes were particularly breath-taking!
- Unique and exciting world - People with three-dimensional holographic tattoos and hair styles molded into geographical designs. The media is equipped with its own personal army and is authorized to assassinate anyone they deem to be a criminal. A gang that uses dingo-human hybrids as bodyguards. Parrish Plessis's homeland at The Tert can be a very dreadful place to live, but you can't say it's ever dull.
- Greatest evil master plan ever?!? - I appreciate it when a book can catch me off guard with one really good twist...this book managed to do it multiple times! I can't get into detail since it's much too spoilerish (Spoiler-like? Spoilery? Spoilertastic?), but my favorite one was when it was revealed exactly why one of the villains wanted to trigger a gang war. Much more original than the usual "I steal stuff because I want stuff" or "I want power because power is powerful" motives!
- Very unpleasant subject matter at times - MAJOR TRIGGER WARNING. Rape is a very difficult subject to talk about, considering it's such a vile and brutal crime that happens to far too many people. (Of course, one person being raped is already far too many) Some authors are able to write about rape in a sensitive way, in which they focus on the strength of the victims who were able to put the pieces of their lives back together after having their control stolen away from them in that horrible moment. Unfortunately, here it feels more like rape is being used as a plot device, or even worse yet, as a motivator. Sporadically throughout the book, Parrish references being raped. However, the way the book is written, it comes across like Parrish is saying she does certain things because she was raped. She talks about not letting people control her because she won't be raped again, when just not wanting to be controlled by someone else is more than reason enough. I just think that if an author is going to explore a weighty subject like rape, they need to do so in a thoughtful way, and here it felt more like it was being used as a shortcut to establish Parrish's motives. My discomfort at this mishandling of such a sensitive topic was enough to make me deduct a star from what would otherwise have been a five-star book for me.
Equal parts science fiction and adventure, "Nylon Angel" is a brilliant and exciting journey into a world filled with both wonder and horror. However, this is NOT the book to go with if you're looking for a fun read, as seeing rape being used as a plot device will make you uncomfortable for all the wrong reasons.
Download Nylon Angel ERUB
Download Nylon Angel DOC
Download Nylon Angel TXT
Read information about the authorMarianne de Pierres is the award winning author of the acclaimed Parrish Plessis,Sentients of Orion and Peacemaker science fiction series. Marianne is an active supporter of genre fiction and has mentored many writers. She lives in Brisbane, Australia, with her husband and three galahs. Her Night Creatures series, Burn Bright, Angel Arias and Shine Light has been very popular among young adult fiction readers. Marianne is also the Davitt award-winning author of the Tara Sharp humourous crime series under the pseudonym Marianne Delacourt. Visit her websites at http://www.mariannedepierres.com http://www.tarasharp.com.au http://www.burnbright.com.au and http://glitterrose.wordpress.com
Reviews of the Nylon Angel
Add a comment
Download EBOOK Nylon Angel by Marianne de Pierres Online free